发布时间：2018-10-13 14:23 阅读次数：
I. Vocabulary and Structure
1. —Bill, if it doesn't rain, we can go straight on and spend more time in Vienna.
— C I just want to hear Mozart.
A. Well done ! B. No problem.
C. That' s great ! D. That' s it.
2. —Excuse me, do you have the time?
A.Yes, I do B.Of course, I have
C.Aquarter to ten D.No problem
3. —Will you join us in the game?
—Thank you, B
A.but why not? B.but I’d rather not.
C.and I won’t D.and I’ll join.
4. —I’ve studied growing plants as one of my interests. Could I make some suggestions?
A. You will make it B. Go right ahead.
C. Don’t mention it D. Take it easy
5. .—Excuse me, could you tell me the way to the British Museum?
—Sorry, I'm a stranger here.
A. Thanks anyway B. It doesn't matter
C. Never mind D. No problem.
6. Researchers have only succeeded in marking off fragmentary stretches of DNA. D
A. combined B. single C. connected D. disconnected
7. Companies now have an incentive to file more selective applications. A
A. motivation B. excitement C. amusement D. pressure
8. The sloppy reasoning of the speaker disappointed his supporters.
A. plain B. discontinuous C. inconsistent D. careless
9. After three years of efforts, the scientists got _____A__ further than isolating a single gene with a single known function.
A. no B. Never C. seldom D. not
10. There is still ____B___ about Lawrence’s novels.
A. competition B. controversy C. contention D. contest
11. Some films have a misleading __A___ on children.
A. effect B. affect C. fault D. deficiency
12. Global warming is likely to __C___ a series of unpleasant effects.
A. double B. fasten C. trigger D. alleviate
13. That young man still denies ___C____the fire behind the store.
A. start B. to start C. having started D. to have started
14. __C____ receiving financial support from family, community or the government is allowed, it is never admired.
A. As B. Once C. Although D. Lest
15. I’d rather have a room of my own, however small it is, than ___A____ a room with someone else.
A. share B. to share C. sharing D. to have shared
16. American football and baseball are becoming known to the British public through televised ____D___ from the United States.
A. transfer B. deliveries C. transportation D. transmissions
17. Most broadcasters maintain that TV has been unfairly criticized and argue that the power of the medium is _____C__ .
A. granted B. implied C. exaggerated D. remedied
18. Philip Roth was ___B___ as a major new author in 1960.
A. published B. hailed C. guided D. supposed
19. A ___B__ number of books on this subject are in the library.
A. little B. limited C. tiny D. low
20. The river dried up during the hot ___C____.
A. period B. fit C. scorcher D. spell
21. Daylight ___B___ long in the summer time.
A. lingers B. stays C. hovers D. persists
22. An electronic message snapped his concentration. B
A. caused to lose concentration suddenly B. broke off
C. ceased D. stopped
23. It is vital for parents to supervise teens as well as to teach them how to manage time. B
A. prior B. very important C. fatal D. superior
24. The solid particles were filtered ____ C ____ before the solution was used.
A. out B. over C. off D. on
25. I had a bizarre taste, which I acquired playing football games.
A. odd B. unconventional C. special D. extra
pany. These authorityfigures never saw the way one of us could do something outrageous, and the restof us would joke about it for days. We could have fun doing absolutely nothingat all―becausethe (1)_______ we provided each other with was enough. Rather than discussingoperas, Lewinsky, or the weather, we enjoyed just (2)_______ each other withoutany one of us trying to outsmart the others. Still, I realize that these adultshad a(3)_______ to be concerned about the direction my friends were(4)_______;I also was concerned for them, but I wasn't about to (5)_______ them.
Many times I would advise my friends that some activitymay be (6)_______ or to think things through before doing something, but Iwould never claim to hold the moral high ground and to condescend to them. WhenMarvin would begin rolling joints, when Alisa would tell me she skipped schoolbecause of a hangover, or when Merriam would tell me that her new boyfriend wasin a street gang, I expressed my discomfort with their (7)_______. However, Inever (8)_______ them with the threat of taking my friendship away. Contrary tothe commercials on television, you can have (9)______ who use drugs. In fact,probably everyone does without (10)______ it.
1. A. gift B. present C. company D. friendship
2. A. hanging around B. learning from C. communicatingwith D. joining in
3. A. prejudice B. point C. suggestion D. situation
4. A. giving B. coming C. heading D. facing
5. A. ignore B. upset C. blame D. leave
6. A. crazy B. dangerous C. boring D. important
7. A. action B. lessons C. words D. thoughts
8. A. force B. threaten C. persuade D. cheat
9. A. friends B. girlfriends C. classmates D. brothers
10. A. hearing B. recognizing C. realizing D. knowing
base on 在……的基础上
provided sb. with sth. 给某人提供某物
be concerned about 关心
hang around 闲荡
1. C 由首句可知，只要我们在一起(company) 就已经足够了
2. A 由上下文可知，大家只是享受那份闲来荡去(hang around)的惬意。
3. B 由其后作定语的不定式短语可知
4. C 因direction 后是定语从句，所以要填表示“朝着某个方向行进”的heading。
5. D 从下文可看出，不管朋友有什么样的表现，我都不会和他们绝交(leave them)
6. B 由前文的“提醒(advise)”和后文“三思而后行”可知，有些活动是“危险”的。
7. A 指上文列举的“吸大麻”、“逃学”、“交街上小混混做男友”等之类的不良“行为”。
8. B 由语境可知，是用绝交来“威胁”他们。
9. A 指任何人都有可能有不良行为的“朋友”。
10. C 由前句可知本句意为每个人都有这类朋友，只是没“意识到”而已。